August 22, 2009

Santa Maria Gloom

I spent the day in Santa Maria Friday overnighting in the Holiday Inn on Broadway Street.

I have stayed in this hotel many times with no complaints. This time was different. My computer could not connect to the free wireless internet was the first problem. And no it was not my computer, because I could use my Verizon Wireless to access the web. Someone reset something because in the morning I could connect to the hotel wireless. No soap was provided by the hotel, so when I went to a local grocery story to get something else I bought bar soap. Finally I suspected the sheets were not changed when the room was cleaned. The sheets were wrinkled like someone had slept in them the night before.

Marriott recently opened a Fairfield Inn accross the street maybe that is the reason things are changing with the Holiday Inn.

The high temp was 71 deg F, and the low was 52 def F. It was overcast all morning before clearing up some in the afternoon.

Cool Airplane sighting: I watched a Erickson Skycrane helicopter flying out of the forward helicopter base on the La Brea fire. I was driving on Highway 166 to Santa Maria Thursday evening.

Cool Car sighting: I passed a very nice restored red 50's Chevrolet pickup while driving on Highway 101.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home